Friday, November 19, 2010

Nesting

We haven't done too much nesting in anticipation of the baby, but we did make one major purchase. We bought "The Original Christmas Classics; 7 Holiday Favorites." The DVD set includes Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town, Frosty the Snowman, Frosty Returns, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, Little Drummer Boy and Cricket on the Hearth.

Truth be told, we probably would have bought this collection anyway (we had a coupon!), but now we have a real reason to add to our DVD collection that includes quite a few Disney cartoons -- from "Aladdin" and "Beauty and the Beast" to Pixar classics like "Up" and "Wall-E."

We also recently purchased a set of three Muppet movies. You know, for the kid.

We haven't looked at baby furniture at all or really even decided for sure which room will be the nursery. We figure we've got plenty of time for that. But a sale on some of the all-time-best Christmas specials? That's important business.

3 comments:

  1. Meh...that other stuff is just stuff. That's a box full of memories!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention, we also own "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." My kid is going to grow up on the same Christmas specials I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom got that set for Wyatt and I've been slowly adding those types of movies to our collection to. When my husband gripes about me buying another DVD I just tell him its for Wyatt. :-) Currently the Movie is Monsters Inc. In the last week I think we've watched at least 10 times if not more. Twice today. Good thing I like the movie. :-)

    ReplyDelete