Monday, November 22, 2010

My Gratitude List

My good friend Lisa over at Grandma's Briefs has a lovely post today, and I am going to follow her lead and create a gratitude list.

It's a good idea to remind ourselves of the blessings we have. With that in mind here are some of the things I am grateful for right now:
  • Normal test results
  • Friends who cook delicious meals and entertain me with goofy cover tunes
  • Friends who read my blog and listen to my rants, worries, joys, fears, etc.
  • My family -- Though far flung, they are close to my heart
  • My dog who is a constant source of entertainment
  • Space heaters and fingerless gloves
  • Decaf coffee
  • Internet shopping and free shipping
  • My expanding belly
  • My new food processor
  • Stretchy pants
  • Tylenol PM
  • PreNatal Gummy Vitamins
  • Body pillows and Sqush pillows
  • The S.O. who took me on the vacation of a lifetime, takes care of me daily, lets me cry on his shoulder, allows me to take long afternoon naps and only complains a little when I don't fix dinner or clean the house
  • And all the things that I normally take for granted, like indoor plumbing, modern medicine, a roof over my head and access to safe, healthy food and water

4 comments:

  1. Fingerless gloves and food processors, ah yes. Those would probably make my list, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done this for years. Its the last thing I do every day. I write down 5 things I am grateful for. Sometimes its a struggle to come up with 5 things, but most of the time its easy. Your nephew is always #1. I got this idea from Oprah, It has really helped me and its kinda neat to look back a few years and see what was going on. You go Pam, you make me proud! :) ♥ Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Melinda, you're going to make me cry. I used to keep a gratitude journal. I should probably start up that practice again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent list! The Gummy vitamins made me smile ... because the other preggers person in my life LOVES her gummy vitamins, too!

    ReplyDelete