Friday, November 1, 2013

A Month of Gratitude

Halloween's behind us, and regardless of what the stores and television would have us believe, Christmas is still almost two months away. I won't go on about how commercialized Christmas has become. Charlie Brown bemoaned that fact 48 years ago, so it's not a new thing. And never mind that some retailers are starting "Black Friday" on Thanksgiving ("We're so thankful for all we have, we need to rush out and buy more!").

But I do think we sometimes forget Thanksgiving comes first, and it's kind of a big deal of a holiday. I firmly believe we should count our blessings daily. Sometimes we forget though, and a holiday all about being thankful for what we have is a good reminder.

In that spirit, I plan to fill my blog with a month of gratitude.


Today, I am expressing my thanks for the people in my life that make me feel needed and useful. They keep me grounded. I know I am loved.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Pammeey. I'm always glad to run across a blog wherein a person expresses such a strong belief in giving thanks. Do you know of these sites on Facebook - "Thanksgiving Comes First" and "Say No To Shopping On Thanksgiving"? You might like them. God bless, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete