Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Month of Gratitude: Day 13

I am grateful for the people who are helping me raise my son. No, not my family members -- although I am extremely grateful for them -- but the people outside my family who help out all the time. Mainly, I'm talking about the people at The Little Gym (especially Lisa, Valerie and Caitlin) and VillaKids, the kids' club at my gym.

We've been going since Milo was a wee babe, and the folks at these two gyms have helped so much in his development, both socially and physically.

The Little Gym has given both Milo and me a place to make friends and burn off energy. It's also taught Milo how to follow directions and work and play with other kids.

Milo accepts a medal on "show day" at The Little Gym

VillaKids gives me time to work out and recharge while giving Milo a place to play without Mommy hovering over him. They also teach songs and games and give him a chance to socialize with other kids -- again, without Mommy supervision. One of the best parts is that the folks at VillaKids continually tell me how well behaved Milo is. Something I don't always see.

I'm pretty sure The Little Gym and VillaKids have helped me be a better mom -- and allowed Milo and I time away from each other so our time together can be more relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment