Monday, November 11, 2013

A Month of Gratitude: Day 11

Today is Veterans Day. I am grateful for people who have served in the military and for those who are currently serving.

My dad was in the Air Force long before I was born so I have no idea what it's like to grow up in a military family. But I have friends and extended family who do. I remember hearing about my cousins who lived in Germany. They probably weren't there all that long but it seemed like I never saw them until they were grown up. I have friends who spend long months away from their spouses and children in service to our county. I know plenty of people who have made big sacrifices to be in the Army and Air Force -- or to be married to people serving. I am grateful for them because I don't know if I could make the same sacrifices they do. And until the people of the world can figure out how to get along and stop blowing each other up, some of us will have to make sacrifices and fight for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment