Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Month of Gratitude: Day 3

I am grateful for the young people in my life: my nieces and nephews, and my own little guy.

My nieces and nephews are all almost grown now. The youngest of them is nearly 18 years old. They have been a source of joy to me for their entire lives. It's because of them I finally decided I needed to become a mom myself.

Milo meets his boy cousins, Thanksgiving 2011

I missed out on a lot of day-to-day things in their lives, due to the miles between us. Whenever I get to see them and spend time with them, I experience firsthand what great kids they are. I've been lucky enough to spend extra time with one of my nieces and cherish that time so much.

The way my brothers and sisters-in-law raised these young men and women will be an inspiration for me as I raise my own baby. Even as my nieces and nephews move into their adult lives, they will remain little girls and boyss in my heart. Our relationships will change, but my love for them never will.

1 comment: