Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Month of Gratitude: Day 19

Today, I am grateful for family movies that aren't awful. I know I will watch many terrible kids' and family movies over the course of Milo's childhood. So, I am extremely grateful for the likes of "Monsters University."  Which we watched over the weekend and all thoroughly enjoyed -- with the exception of one scene that proved a little too scary for a 2 1/2-year-old.

Up until recently, the S.O. and I have been able to pick out the shows and movies we watch with Milo. Lately, the boy has been insisting on certain TV shows -- some much better than others. At least with the TV shows, they last 20 minutes or so. Movies can go on and on. I am grateful for the ones that try to entertain kids and parents alike. I am grateful for the ones that don't rely solely on poop jokes and the ones that assume kids and parents are somewhat intelligent even if they don't always share the same tastes.


There are certainly worse things in the world than bad movies, but a good movie is one of life's true pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment