Monday, November 18, 2013

A Month of Gratitude: Day 18

I am grateful for my gym and the time to go there.

I hurt my back at the very beginning of summer. It's been a long, slow recovery, and I still have to be careful of how much I do and how I do it. I have been getting to the gym about four or five days a week. It's great to feel almost normal again but I miss the classes I was taking. Still, I am grateful that I am able to work out at all. I'm glad I wasn't hurt so badly that I'm still laid up. I've been getting stronger and am starting to feel more like my pre-back-injury self.

The last few months have been stressful for several reasons. Having the gym to escape to has been wonderful. Milo gets time with friends. I get time to myself. And I've even made some gym friends at my aqua Zumba class.

I don't know if I'll ever get back to the fitness level I was before Milo came along but I sure appreciate the opportunity to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment