Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Month of Gratitude: Day 6

I am grateful for my brothers. I'm sure there were times, growing up, when I wished I were an only child. It wasn't always easy growing up with three older brothers and no sisters. I didn't make it any easier on myself by insisting on being a tomboy. I always wanted to play with the big boys but was often too small and/or too young to keep up (or avoid getting hurt).

Me and the boys

I learned a lot from my brothers. Most of what I know about sports, I learned from watching them play. From peewee football and baseball through high school, I was pretty much watching them play sports from the day I was born. I learned but I could never really compete with how good they were. And I never really learned to love sports as they did/do. But I appreciate the knowledge I gained.

Sure, they teased and tormented but they also protected me. They made me laugh a lot more often than they made me cry. Miles separate us physically now, but I think we're all pretty close. And they're all pretty good guys. For brothers.

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo. You still have that same radiant smile! (Tried to post a comment yesterday, but I guess it got lost.)

    ReplyDelete