Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week 32: Ossification*

I now officially have two months left in this pregnancy. And while, my email newsletter from Fit Pregnancy says it may be starting to lose some of its glow, I'm going to disagree. I'm pretty sure Baby is practicing his bicycle kicks and may even be throwing a party in there, I'm still enamored by the process. Sure I'm having trouble sleeping but no more than I've had for the past six months. (Plus, if I'm being completely honest, I'm not totally ready to be a mom with a real-live baby out here.)

After attending our childbirth class, we have a partially packed bag ready to go for labor. Even if I'm not completely ready, Baby is getting close.

Your baby weighs about 4 pounds and is about fifteen to seventeen inches tall. Photographs of babies in utero at this stage show their skin becoming less translucent and pinker, as layers of fat are deposited under the skin. Her skeleton is rapidly ossifying (turning from cartilage into solid bone), which means that kicks will become visible through your shirt as the trimester progresses.

I was going to post of video of my tummy while Baby kicks and squirms, but as I've mentioned before, he doesn't like to perform on demand and stayed perfectly still while the camera was on him.

 *ossification - the formation of or conversion into bone

By the way, I am going to try to participate in NaBloPoMo for March and the theme is "In a Word." Let's see how that goes, shall we.

No comments:

Post a Comment