Monday, March 21, 2011

Gratitude*

My friends threw the S.O. and me a baby shower this weekend. They made us feel special and loved and extremely spoiled. They showered us with gifts from practical to fun, items from our baby registry and lovely handmade items.

My friend Heather made an incredible cake that -- despite her protestations -- looked like it was created by a professional. In fact, it was better than many professionally made cakes I've seen.

This photograph doesn't begin to do it justice.

We even had one friend drive several hours just to spend the afternoon with us.

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my own little world, thinking of what's happening inside me and what's going to be happening, that I forget how much this little alien, along with the S.O. and I mean to a lot of other people.

I am so grateful to the friends who hosted the shower and the friends that attended.

*Gratitude - the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful

1 comment:

  1. She *did* do a fantastic job! Tasted great and looked even better. (The cake, not Heather.)

    ReplyDelete