Thursday, December 30, 2010

Week 23: Sugar sugar

 How sweet. This week, Fit Pregnancy tells me my unborn baby can be compared to a bag of sugar.  

"Weighing in at a pound, and at eight inches long, your baby is starting to really look like a baby! You can compare her size to a box of sugar or a bag of coffee beans."
It also tells me:
"You'll notice now that what began as gentle wiggling will become poking and even sharp kicking."
That's for sure. Little Junior has been doing calisthenics lately, testing out his little arms and legs, and I'm pretty he's been doing somersaults or back flips, as well. He seems to really get active just as I'm trying to go to sleep. I have taken to telling him to just calm the heck down in there.

To be perfectly honest, it's sometimes a bit disconcerting to feel something moving around inside my belly. I can't help but have visions of John Hurt.

4 comments:

  1. I read the Twilight books while I was pregnant with Robbie, and more than once I thought about the part in the fourth book where the baby is basically eating its way out of her mother.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Heather, Thanks for that. At least an alien would get it over quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought of "The Manitou" in which an evil fetus grows in the tumor on a woman's back. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077904/) That in addition to reading "The Stand" while pregnant with Brianna created quite the nightmares for this young mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lisa, that movie looks awful! On the plus side, now I will think about that every time I visit our little neighboring town. :0)

    ReplyDelete