Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Week 20: And no weird comparison

I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed that Fit Pregnancy isn't comparing my unborn child to food this week. Instead, I'm told permanent teeth are starting to form behind baby teeth and Baby "seems able to differentiate between morning, afternoon and evening and starts to become more active at certain times than at others."

I haven't noticed Baby being more active at any certain time, but I will start paying more attention now.

As for my changing body, they don't tell me a whole lot.
Around now, you should feel a psychological boost: You've made it halfway already! It's a good time to find a childbirth class to educate you about labor and calm any anxieties. Plus, you'll meet other parents-to-be and possibly create friendships for both you and your child in the years to come. Your care provider will now monitor your growth by measuring the height of your uterus with fingers or a tape measure. Your uterus is now about in line with your belly button. From now on, the top of your uterus will grow toward your rib cage at a rate of one centimeter a week.
All I know is the belly is definitely protruding in a more pregnant-looking fashion and people who haven't been officially informed are starting to wonder. I had one woman say to me, "I don't want to be rude, but I want to ask ..." I just said, "Yes!" before she had to ask. She was actually very sweet about it, but I completely understand her reticence. Can you imagine asking someone that question if she's not?

A guy friend of mine made that mistake once. He was dressed as a clown at the time, so I wonder does that make it better or worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment