Monday, October 4, 2010

Constant changes, constant worries

It seems the nausea is easing up a bit. Considering I'm at nearly 11 weeks, I guess that's "normal" (by now, you probably know my views on "normal"). I'm still exhausted to the point that I feel like someone is slipping drugs into my food and drinks. I'm still breathless from a walk up the stairs. But the nausea has definitely eased up -- and by eased up, I mean I can tolerate most foods. There are still some foods that even thinking about them makes me want to gag, but it's getting better. I do have to watch what I eat because some foods do not sit well. And, to be honest, they aren't the healthiest choices anyway.

Of course, with the easing up of the nausea comes other worries. My biggest worry right now? If I'm not feeling like crap all the time, how do I know things are progressing? Yes, I'm probably a little crazy. Is that "normal?"

My next appointment with the doctor is in 10 days. That puts me right at 12 weeks. I really hope she will then be able to hear a heartbeat with her hand-held Doppler doo-dad. And, yes, I'm pretty sure I'm going to worry about that for the next 10 days.

2 comments:

  1. Mom = worry. You are now officially a mom, I say. And that feeling of doom, gloom, worry, stress ... well, that's what you will now live with for the rest of your life.

    But all the other stuff makes it worthwhile! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nausea is supposed to ease up as you're getting close to the second trimester, so that means things ARE progressing, right? :)

    And don't worry if they still can't hear the heartbeat on the doppler at 12 weeks. They couldn't hear Kaylee's at 13, but she was (obviously) fine. If they can't get it on the doppler, they might do an ultrasound just to be sure.

    Heh, did you like how I said "don't worry." As if that's even possible for a mom. :)

    ReplyDelete