Sunday, April 8, 2012

Daddy Talk: Separation anxiety

Today wasn't the first time I had to leave my family for work. But this one seems to be the most difficult. Every day this little guy gets more and more interesting and I get so easily impressed with his accomplishments.

Right now it's the walking that's doing it for me. I get so happy when he grabs my two fingers and grabs a pair of his moms and we walk hand in hand. Pretty soon he will shed our fingers to make his own way without parents in tow. I doubt that it'll happen in the week that I am gone, but it's a week I lose with him.


That being said, it's only a week. Some of our friends have had to spend months at a time away from their kids. I know that when I was young, my dad was gone for a year at a time to Germany and Korea while in the army. I am not sure how it affected me. I'm sure it wasn't great. I remember lots of fighting with my mom as she kept the family together. Army wives are some of the toughest.

No comments:

Post a Comment