Monday, May 2, 2011

Growing like a (baby) weed

Showing off his guns - Bang! Pow!
Milo visited the doctor this morning for his two-week checkup. Everything looks pretty good, and he has grown. Apparently, I'm doing something right when it comes to breastfeeding. (Thank goodness! I'd hate to think I was this exhausted for no reason.)

His weight at birth was 7 pounds, 4.5 ounces. He lost 10 percent of that before we were discharged, so I was happy to see his weight was 7 pounds, 10.5 ounces this morning. That puts him in the 46th percentile for weight.

When he was born, Milo was 20 inches long. This morning they measured his "height" at 21.5 inches. That puts him in the 96th percentile for height. I'd like to think that means my boy will be tall and slim (unlike his mommy).

Of course, I will love him no matter what. It's just nice to know he is growing and thriving.

1 comment:

  1. He sure *must* be tall and slender as horizontal stripes work well for the little dude. Congrats on the thriving boy!

    ReplyDelete