Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Expert" advice

I recently finished listening to "Bossypants" by Tina Fey. I highly recommend it. She reads it herself. Which just adds to the experience, in my humble opinion. (It's also available in print.)

The entire book is laugh-out-loud funny, but I got special enjoyment out of the chapters about motherhood. She considers herself an expert because she has one child and has been on TV. (More credentials than others.)

My favorite piece of advice is "sleep when your baby sleeps." She admits everyone gives this advice to new mothers. She suggests taking it a step further with things like scream when your baby screams and take Benedryl when your baby takes Benedryl and poop in the tub when your baby poops in the tub.

The only downside to listening to this book while feeding Milo was that my raucous laughter often scared him and distracted him from the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment