Sunday, January 9, 2011

Most-Amazing Sister-in-law

See this lady here?
I am naming her Most-Amazing Sister-in-law. Yesterday, she sent me a message, telling me she had I talked to talked to my brother and my nephew and asked if they would mind giving me a few of the baby items my mom made for my nephew. My sister-in-law has kept everything Grandma made him. She says, "I still have lots of other things she made him which I could never part with. I just think it might be important to you to have something from your mom."

Now, I know pregnancy hormones can send emotions all over the place, but this message made me cry -- in a very good way. I am so touched that this very sentimental woman -- who loved my mom almost as much as if she were her own mother -- would be willing to part with a few hand-made baby items so that my son could have something handmade by his grandmother.

My little boy will never get to meet his Grandma Louise in person, but thanks to Most-Amazing Aunt, he will be able to have a little piece of her with him. I don't think words can truly express how grateful I am to her -- and to my brother and nephew -- for this incredible act of kindness.

I am most amazed.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'd say she definitely has earned the Most Amazing Sister-in-Law title. How great for you and baby!

    ReplyDelete