Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shopping

The S.O. and I spent three hours Sunday creating our registry at Babies R Us. Babies sure do need a lot of stuff, don't they? About an hour of that time was spent talking to a sales associate about car seats and strollers. I thought for sure I wanted a jogging stroller or an all-terrain stroller. But I know how big and bulky those type are, so I thought we'd also want something more portable, like an umbrella stroller. After talking to the salesperson and test driving several different strollers, we decided on an umbrella-type stroller. It's portable, but has back support so we don't have to worry about Baby having a slouch before he's an angsty teen.

And because they're coming out with new colors soon, this year's models were marked down significantly. So, we went ahead and bought a stroller.

This is the stroller we bought:
It's a Maclaren Triumph. And we pretty much love it. It fits perfectly in the back of my Element. It folds up and opens easily. And it pushes smoothly. The downside is we won't be able to use it until Baby is old enough to sit up on his own. However, most of the strollers we were considering fall into that same category. Up until then Baby will get hauled around in a baby carrier of some sort. If mama kangaroos can do it. I can too.

We also bought a baby keepsake book. I went ahead and bought that so I would have the one I want and to make sure we definitely had one. I want the hospital to put his little footprints in the book when he's born.

Then, today, I ordered some fabric. It looks like this:
My wonderful friend Kate is going to help me (read: do all the work) make curtains with this fabric for the baby's room.

So we have begun to scratch the surface of the items we need.

It kind of freaks me out to actually be buying things. The worrywart part of me is afraid of what might happen. The realistic, practical part of me knows that if something goes wrong now (see how the worrywart side won't even allow me to articulate what might go wrong?), it won't be any easier if we didn't buy anything.

1 comment:

  1. I love that fabric. Very cool! I can't wait to see the room when it's done!

    ReplyDelete