Sunday, May 20, 2012

Daddy Talk: Birthdays

This week was my 37th birthday, Pam made me Biscuits and Gravy yum. Milo's first was last month. It was the 70th for a person who I consider an aunt. We went to the birthday and introduced Milo to her and her husband. They were friends of my parents since I was a wee babe and it was nice being able to introduce my son to people who were at one time close to my parents, particularly my parents. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner.


I keep thinking there will always be time to do these things. Those days and years are zipping away so fast and so are the opportunities. One of my sad memories is telling my dad that we lost our first child to miscarriage. It wasn't long after that he passed away. I don't know if regret is the right emotion for it all. Its not something I would have wanted to keep from him but I wished we could have given him good news with his grandson. 

Too many regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment