Friday, March 16, 2012

11 Months

Dear Milo,

Another fun month with you has passed. This month -- up until two nights ago -- has been great.


Unfortunately, you caught something that's been going around and you woke with a fever pushing 103 degrees. Which the triage nurse told your daddy and me is actually considered mild. It didn't feel mild. You felt like you were burning up. We ended up changing you out of your jammies into a short-sleeve onesie. You slept between us until you got too fussy about 5 a.m. We took you back to your own room and you slept until after 8. You spent the day taking cat naps and alternating between being playful and being cranky.

The rest of the month has been really nice. You moved up to the "Birds" class at the Little Gym, joining a couple of friends who had already moved up and making new friends with the bigger kids. You're practicing your walking all over the place, even at the park. While at the park, you enjoyed your first experience on the swings.


You've taken to coming over to me when I try to take your picture. It makes for some cute close ups but it also means I have a lot of pictures of you hanging on my legs or trying to grab the camera.


You love your Winnie the Pooh stuffed bear, snuggling with him when we put you to bed, using him as a pillow and telling him all kinds of stories when you wake up in the morning. Some mornings I'll lie in bed and listen to you babble. It always makes me smile. You seldom wake up crying anymore.


Your personality is really shining. You mimic Daddy and me now. Which means we will have to really watch what we say because before we know it, you'll be talking for real. Sometimes it seems you are already using real words -- you definitely say, "dog," "dad" and "mama." So it won't be long before my baby is a toddler.

It's so exciting, watching you change and learn. You still amaze me every day. I hope I never forget to tell you how you amaze me and how proud I am to be your mom.

I love you, Sweetness.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment