Wednesday, November 7, 2012

In which I talk politics -- sort of

I don't like to discuss politics (or religion, for that matter) here on my blog. It is so divisive. But today, I want to say a little something about the presidential race.

First, it was exhausting. All the ads, all the time? Even during "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." But what was amazing about the race was the fact that we had our first black president running against our potential first Mormon president. Talk about your melting pot.

Not running for president, just running

With Barack Obama in the White House, I can easily tell my own mixed race child he can grow up to be president. If he wants to work too hard, get paid too little and be reviled by many people -- even those who elected him.

And maybe one day, he will see a woman leading our country. (We're already used to working too hard and making too little money.)

No comments:

Post a Comment