Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 38: T-minus 14 days

My newsletter from Fit Pregnancy doesn't have a whole lot to say this week. It does tell me, "Your pregnancy is considered full-term now, and the lanugo -- the downy hair that covered your baby's body -- is starting to disappear."

It also tells me the average newborn has a length of 21 1/2 inches and weighs 7 1/2 pounds. The weight is consistent with what my doc estimates Baby will be. We haven't talked length, but I'm pretty sure he's about 4 feet tall based on how big I am and how he can put pressure on my bladder and kick me in the ribs at the same time.

I'm also supposed to be patient:
Don't be tempted to try to induce labor with herbs or castor oil. Herbal supplements are unregulated by the FDA and can contain highly variable concentrations and unlisted ingredients that may be dangerous.
Patience isn't exactly my strong suit, but I'm not going to risk my or my baby's health. Besides, with my due date looming, I'm trying to enjoy these last couple of weeks of baby-free life. Although, with that said, life hasn't truly been baby-free for about nine months. He's always on my mind.

1 comment:

  1. :)
    it just makes me smile. how he's on your mind.

    he's on mine too, but it's better for me since he is not simultaneously on my bladder.

    ReplyDelete