Friday, April 1, 2011

No foolin'

This month's theme over at NaBloPoMo is "Sprout." I think that's a great theme for the April -- even here in Colorado where Winter can rear its ugly head well into May and beyond (depending on what part of the state you're in). Out walking the dog, I've seen plenty of gardens with flowers beginning to poke through mulch. Some even have blooms already. And so far (fingers crossed) they haven't been frozen out by a spring frost or blizzard. (That said, we could use some rain, Mother Nature.)

I also think "Sprout" is a great theme for April because my own little sprout is due this month. Although I don't think -- and I hope -- I won't make it to the end of the month blogging every single day. Honestly, I won't be blogging from my hospital bed.

I'm excited to have a spring baby. True, I'd be excited any time of year, but a spring baby has lots of advantages. First of all, I don't have to be hugely pregnant during the hottest part of the year. I got to cover my bump with cozy sweaters, and Baby has helped keep me a little warmer than I'd usually be. I get to dress Baby in fun summer clothes or even just a onesie if it's really warm. I can work off the extra baby weight by taking lots of warm-weather walks with Baby strapped to me -- or strapped to the S.O. while I walk the dog. Baby might get to have outdoor birthday parties as he grows up -- something I never experienced with a January birthday. Best of all, being born in April means his birthstone will be a diamond, so lots of cool Mother's Day gifts for me!

No, really, best of all, he will be here before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment