Saturday, June 29, 2013

Reading, 'Riting and What not

I signed Milo up for our library's summer reading program. The baby/toddler portion of it involves me (or Milo's daddy) reading to him and doing other activities. I kind of feel like I'm cheating a little because we already read to Milo every day -- at least a couple times and at least a couple books. So, he's going to get prizes for doing the things we do anyway.

I love to read and I hope I pass that love to Milo. He enjoys our story times so I think he'll grow up as a reader. I know much of that is up to the S.O. and me. Milo needs to see us reading -- and enjoying -- books. He needs to know the importance of reading and understand the joy and knowledge it can bring.


He has a few favorites right now: Anything by Sandra Boynton (especially "The Belly Button Book" and "Blue Hat, Green Hat"), "How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight" by Jane Yolen and "Llama Llama Home With Mama" by Anna Dewdney. He especially enjoys the rhythm and rhyme of these particular stories. He also enjoys how silly Mommy can get while reading a silly book. And I enjoy reading them to him. And that's pretty important too.

No comments:

Post a Comment