Thursday, August 16, 2012

16 months

Dear Milo,

Another month has come and gone -- another month filled with excitement and some truly scary moments. Just this weekend, you made your first visit to the ER. You were pretty much unfazed by the entire episode. Your Daddy and I are still reeling from it. You were back to your old self the very next morning, trying to give me love headbutts and giggling like mad.


Our other big milestone this past month is that you are finally and completely weaned. One morning you got up and instead of asking for Mommy, you asked for yogurt. And we haven't looked back. Honestly, sweetie, I don't miss it. I don't get to hold you as much but I can live with that.


We were both sick this month, you for a couple of days and me for a couple weeks. That kind of threw off our normal schedule, and we're still working to get back into a routine. We hung out at the pool a few times with friends and you loved it. So much that you tried to go into the "deep" end on your own. I tried really hard not to freak out about it.

In other news, we got a new roof on the house and we got air conditioning installed. Both have helped us all sleep better.

We tried to take you to see the president when he spoke in town, but we arrived too late to get in. We missed out on that but we took you to the park, and you got to see a real-live train go by. You were fascinated by it.


So much has happened this past month, I'm having a hard time remembering it all. You seem to be constantly hungry so I expect a big growth spurt soon. Your feet are growing fast so maybe you'll soon catch up to them. I think it's part of the reason you seem clumsier than before. And maybe that contributed to your unfortunate fall.

Your personality is bursting. You are funny and sweet and sometimes a humongous little bit of a brat. You're definitely all boy, with your interest in trucks and trains and dinosaurs. You're awesome, even when you are exhibiting signs of entering the terrible twos. Sometimes I'm not as patient as I'd like be but I love you through it all. Mostly because you're so incredibly, undeniably cute.


Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment