Friday, November 4, 2011

Scooting, snoozing and schedules

Milo is thisclose to crawling. In lieu of actual crawling he has learned he can roll around to get to what he wants. He is also scooting around but mostly backwards. As I type he is rolling and scooting, trying to get to the basket of clean laundry. I don't think he's going to help put it away. We will soon have to begin baby proofing in earnest.

The other new -- old -- thing is Milo has been waking every two hours to eat. I try to follow the advice I read -- rub his back, talk to him, don't pick him up -- but he is actually hungry and settles back down after I feed him. He also doesn't like napping during the day and has to be tricked into it, either in the car or after eating. I'm just not ready to try the cry-it-out thing.

Actually, we have tried letting him cry it out. Sort of. He ends up crying so hard, he chokes himself. Or I end up in tears. So, I have to come up with something else. And soon. No one is sleeping much around here and we are starting to wear a bit thin.

Still, he's so sweet when he smiles it's hard to believe he's not getting plenty of sleep.

Even when he's trying to get into things

No comments:

Post a Comment