Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mommies don't get sick days

I love my job as a mommy. It's the best job I've ever had. One really big downside is there are no sick days when you're a stay-at-home mom. I'm not saying stay-at-home moms don't get sick. I'm saying stay-at-home moms have to work even when they are sick. Working mothers pretty much get the same deal. Sure, you get to stay home from work but you probably have a kid or two home with you. Or the kids are at school or daycare but you probably still have to do laundry or cook dinner or something mommy related.

Totally unrelated photo inserted to up the cuteness factor

Mommies don't get to take sick days. Mommies still have to wake up for 3 a.m. feedings. Mommies still have to soothe crying babies and tend scraped knees. Mommies still do the laundry and fix dinner. I'm sure daddies help out, but (unless it's just my house) when daddies get sick, they become babies too. When mommies get sick, they're still Mommy.

Maybe I'm just whining because I hate having a cold. I used to think my mom never got sick, now I realize she was probably sick a lot, she just never got a sick day.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's not just your house. Kids get sick, I take care of them. Hubby gets sick, I take care of him. I get sick, I take care of them.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Our house is a lot like yours and Heathers. Though I must say Todd has tried to get better over 8 years with some measure of success.

    ReplyDelete