Sunday, September 16, 2012

17 Months

Dear Milo,

Another month has zipped by and like every month since you joined our family, it was awesome. You are becoming quite the little boy.

 
You continue to test your independence, which usually involves you climbing on something you shouldn't be on or running somewhere you don't need to be. But you still need my help for plenty of things.
Like getting dressed and putting on shoes and socks
That means you try to communicate more to let me know what you need. Your sign language skills are improving (you have started saying "thank you" and "help" in the past couple of weeks) and you are working on saying new words all the time.

You know animal sounds, like cow, sheep, dog and monkey. And just tonight when I asked you what a train says, you said, "Choo choo." I have to admit though, I'm not thrilled with the fact that when asked, "Where's Mama?" you point to yourself.

Such fun!
You've become very expressive. And you just started blowing kisses this week, and it's the cutest thing ever. It's hard to believe you can continue to get cuter and cuter ever single day.

Being cute with Daddy
We've been trying to get out more with you. We've gone hiking and to the park and just today we went to the apple orchard with you. You love getting out and exploring.

Yummy apple
It amazes me that I can continue to be amazed by you. Every day with you gets better and better. I love you more today than the day you were born. If someone had told me that day I could love you more, I would have said it wasn't possible; my heart would surely burst. But I do love you more. And I'll love you more tomorrow. One day you will probably be embarrassed by my displays of affection and my expressions of love. But I'm not going to stop. So get used to it.


I love you so much my beautiful boy.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment